- Transport finished goods and raw materials over land to and from manufacturing
plants or retail and distribution centers. (Transvrac)
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance.
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedules.
- Document and log work/rest periods and kilometers spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts.
- Input “macros” into our automated system for each stage of the loading and unloading process.
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions.
- Collect and verify delivery instructions.
- Report defects, accidents or violations.
- Hands on experience with electronic equipment and software. (GPS, AVL unit, CB etc.)
- Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly.
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations.
- No recent moving or driving violations.
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations. (traffic, weather conditions, etc.)
- Willing to submit to background/drug checks and provide employment recommendations.
- Valid truck driving license. (Class 1)
Marketing / Project Coordinator
7600 Route Transcanadienne
Saint Laurent, QC H4T 1A5